Tuesday, April 18, 2017

General Conference - More Thoughts

One of the unanticipated blessings of driving to and from northern Idaho was the amount of time I got to listen to General Conference.  I basically got to listen to the whole conference four times.

One of the talks that has caused a lot of reflection is President Nelson's talk about the Savior.  He makes the interesting observation that it is "doctrinally incomplete" to refer to "the Atonement," instead of "the Atonement of Jesus Christ."  Since we so commonly do that in talks and lessons I really had to think about this.  I finally realized that his point is that the power comes from Jesus Christ, not the atonement itself.  So I am working on correcting my phraseology.

Well, I need to go mail in my taxes... What?  No, this isn't last-minute.  Last-minute is 11:59 tonight.  Anyway, then back to work on the kitchen.  I started putting up drywall over the old soffit areas, but at some point realized that I had forgotten to replace the insulation there, so it is going to have to be undone.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment