Friday, May 19, 2017

Snow ... and snakes?

As Charlie and I started out on our walk this morning we noticed a dead snake in the road - looked like it had been run over.  It was a bull snake, about 3 feet long.  None of this is all that extraordinary, except the snake was not there yesterday, and the temperature has not been above 40° since then.  So what was this snake doing out on the road at that temperature?  I suppose I will never know.

We ended up getting about 6" of snow, which is not bad for mid-May.  It looks like the low last night was 32° last night, and it was 34° when we started our walk.  We got a lot of plants covered up in the yard yesterday, because the forecast low for tonight is 30°.

I have been reacquainting myself with FFTW this morning because there is something I want to try for a program I am working on.  After four months of not programming my skills have lost just a little bit of their edge, but it is fun to discover that there is still a brain in there.  However, at this point I had better get back to working on putting in cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment