Thursday, May 18, 2017

SNOW!!

Last night they were forecasting up to half an inch of rain, then another inch of rain today, turning to snow late tonight.  So this was not what I expected to see when I got up this morning:
The forecast still says less than an inch for the rest of the day, but right now the snow is falling heavy and fast.  There are about 5 inches of snow right now, and at this rate we should be getting an inch every half hour or so.  The high yesterday was 77°, it has not gotten above 33° so far today.

I am extremely happy with the weather, but I will admit to feeling a little sad for the ash trees.  They lost all their leaves when it got down to 19° two weeks ago, and had just started sending out new leaves.  I don't know if this cold will kill those leaves, since the forecast low over the next couple of days is about 29°.

I took Charlie out for about two miles this morning.  I let him off-leash because there was almost no one around, and he had great fun bounding through the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment