Thursday, April 26, 2018

Brownies

I was determined that I was going to take sufficient brownies to the temple that they would not run out.  Consequently I baked 4 9x13 pans of brownies.  There were a few left over at the end of the evening!  Success!

I officiated on the 6:30 pm session.  As I mentioned earlier, my attendance at the Tuesday morning session did not yield the spiritual experience I was seeking.  One of the principal problems was my lack of preparation.  So that was on my mind as the session started last night.  Of course, my fervent prayer was that I be able to do all in my power to help the patrons to have a positive experience in the session.  As the session progressed my thoughts turned to the joy that is implicit in the endowment ceremony.  As each covenant was described I thought about the joy that those covenants bring.  As the session approached the end the thoughts and feelings of joy filled my heart, and I was so excited for the patrons and the things they were receiving.  It became a very powerful and moving experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment