Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Springtime Reflections

This is a hard time of year for me.  While I will freely admit that Spring is beautiful, what it means to me is that Winter is over, and that is difficult.  So I am grateful for days like today when it is 35° outside and there is a skiff of snow on the ground.

I'm not sure if it is related, but I went to the 8:00 am session at the temple this morning.  I am trying to go to that session each week in response to the repeated invitations in General Conference about making more time to attend the temple.  However, I slept late, then had to rush to get there on time, so although I enjoyed the experience of being in the temple, I did not feel that I got the full spiritual benefit of the time.  Still, as I try to increase my spiritual maturity, I have to recognize that it is not going to come all at once, and I need to be patient when I fall short.

Yesterday Delkys decided once and for all to stop teaching at the end of this school year.  I am excited.  I look forward to seeing what plans we may make.

No comments:

Post a Comment