Thursday, April 12, 2018

Culinary Adventures

I decided to try a couple of new food things this week.

The first was microwaved scrambled eggs.  The idea was suggested by a character in a book I was reading.  I reasoned that, even if the story was fictional, the idea may not be.  I searched online and found a simple recipe.  It turned out pretty well.  There is nothing too spectacular about the scrambled eggs, but it is a way to make scrambled eggs in two minutes without getting a pan dirty.

The second was buttermilk.  Someone once suggested that as much as I like eggnog I might also enjoy buttermilk.  I do recall trying buttermilk once as a child, and thinking it singularly repulsive; but, I reasoned, neither did I like eggnog as a child.  So yesterday I purchased a quart of buttermilk.  My 50-year-old memory of the flavor was remarkably accurate.  Yes, the consistency is wonderful, but the taste is awful.  So I tried making pancakes with it this morning.  As it turns out, Charlie thinks they are OK.

So microwave scrambled eggs are in, buttermilk is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment