Thursday, January 19, 2017

Quick Introduction

John D. Reading - Husband, father, grandfather, son, brother, software engineer, Primary teacher, adjunct professor, home teacher, friend, neighbor.  Seems like there are quite a few titles I can claim.  Tomorrow I am going to add another one to the list: Retiree.  After some 35 years of employment with four different companies I am leaving work - hopefully for good.  No more going to work every day, no more paycheck.  We'll see how those two realities balance out.

Since leaving work also means leaving behind pleasant associations that I have formed over the 20 years with my most recent employer I decided to start this blog as a sort of a window into my day-to-day life.  I really am not sure what will end up getting included, but I hope at least to give some idea of how life is treating me, what I am accomplishing, and some of my thoughts on life.  It is not, of course, just for former coworkers, but anybody who has enough excess time to wonder what I am doing.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment