Thursday, January 26, 2017

Routine

After nearly a week of retirement I am thinking about the (more or less) routine I have developed.  I get up, walk the dog for an hour, shower, eat breakfast (during which time I also do my scripture study) and then move on to whatever needs to be done.  Yesterday that was school work and programming, although I spent about an hour working on the kitchen.  I also graded some papers for Delkys and took my computer to a repair shop to see if they can revive it from the water damage it suffered.

However, the bottom line on that is that I am not in vacation mode.  For me vacation means sitting and reading books endlessly.  As it stands now I may read a little in the evening before going to sleep, but that's it.  Sigh.  Maybe at some point I will have to give myself completely over to a day of reading.

I also had meant to spend more time in the temple, but our temple is closed for maintenance, and I have not planned far enough ahead to drive up to Fort Collins to attend there.

As Charlie and I walked this morning I was watching for rocks to be polished.  Found some very promising areas.  However, at 7℉ I was not too inspired to take off my gloves and pick any up.

No comments:

Post a Comment