Friday, January 20, 2017

Why is this day different from all other days?

Apologies to the seder for appropriating my title, but today is different.  I have done all the things I normally do in preparing for work, but when I conclude work today I am done with work ... forever!

All of this provokes different thoughts in me: How will I use my time wisely in retirement, what sort of a daily schedule will I follow, how will I budget my money with half the income I used to have, etc.  But I realize at no time do I ask myself if this is a good or appropriate time to retire.  Apparently I am pretty sold on the idea that this is.

I did think about the pictures we have of the children dressed for their first day of school, and briefly thought about how I was dressing for my last day of work.  But I have never yet taken a selfie, and I don't think today is the day to start.  You will just have to take my word for it that I am dressed pretty much as I was for every day of work before this.

1 comment: