Friday, March 10, 2017

A little bit of cold

It was 28° when Charlie and I left to walk this morning.  It is nice to see sub-freezing, even if just barely sub-freezing.  Doesn't look like the forecast is giving me much hope, either.  One low of 32° in the next couple of days, then all above freezing for the next week and a half.  With rain forecast for a week from today.  I know that a forecast a week out is pretty meaningless, but it is disappointing to see rain instead of snow in March.

That reminds me of when we moved to Colorado.  Delkys and I were on a house-hunting trip about this time of the month, and it got up to 90° one day.  We were coming from Southern California, where Spring was a distant memory, so I didn't think much about it.  My first day of work was the 20th or thereabouts.  As I sat in orientation I looked out the window at the big fluffy flakes of snow falling, and thought "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas any more."  Then I enjoyed snow for the novelty of it, now I'm addicted to cold and snow.  What a difference 20 years can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment