Thursday, March 23, 2017

Pipe Fittings and Prophets

So I got all the plumbing in the one side of the kitchen relocated up into the floor.  I still have to get the electrical out of there, which may be another adventure.

While making a connection with the pipe I had a previous connection just fall apart in my hand.  Talk about your basic cold solder joint!  That made me extremely nervous, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised that about 20 minutes after turning on the water another joint started to leak.  Got that fixed, then discovered the toilet leaked when it was flushed.  After a while I realized that was an old problem, not anything I had caused.  A few strange parts from Home Depot got that stopped.  Sheesh.  I may not go into plumbing as a second career.

The new cook top I ordered came in today.  It is a marvelous thing.  It was not clear to me from the installation instructions whether it needs a 120V or 240V supply.  I finally found someone who could tell me, it must be a 240V supply.  No problem.  That just means that I need to add a new subpanel for the house.

Yesterday during the training meeting in the temple the temple president talked about obeying the prophets.  He commented how we feel like we would be able to do some great thing if they asked us, but usually what is required is a few very simple things repeated over and over, like attending church, reading the scriptures, having personal prayers, etc.  I suddenly had an insight that had never occurred to me before.  Doing some great thing sounds wonderful, because all it requires is doing something.  What the prophets are requesting from us is not really about what we do, but about what we become as a consequence of doing it.  So the stakes are much higher on the simple repeated actions than they are on the one big task.

No comments:

Post a Comment