Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Fire the Bird!

I got most of the water pipes done yesterday.  I think I can finish today before going back to the temple.  However, I had one bad experience related to this.

As I was working I decided I wanted to listen to Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony, so of course I just turned on YouTube and played it there.  Well, YouTube now apparently auto-plays if you don't kill it, so it went on to the second movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony - not bad at all! From there they went into Scheherazade.  A little Rimsky-Korsikov is good for the soul.  And then... They started playing Stravinsky's Firebird.  Well, I was trying to finish, and then clean up, and I didn't want to take time out to go to the computer, and it was going to have to end soon, anyway.  Right?  I just discovered a new definition of eternity: Anything by Stravinsky.  AAUURRGGHH!!  It never did finish, and so when I was done cleaning up I finally got a moment to go kill the silly browser!

One experience like that is almost enough to make me think I will just go back to 70's and 80's popular music.  What's that you say?  Tony Orlando and Dawn?  Right!  Stick with classical.

No comments:

Post a Comment