Friday, February 10, 2017

Egging on the Dog

I have to admit that summer is beautiful.  There, I said it.  However, this is February, and it is not supposed to be summer out there!  I think it was 75° as I was coming back from errands.  Wonderful.

Just as Charlie and I were finishing our walk this morning someone called on the phone, so I ended up setting his leash down on the front porch as I opened the door.  Just now I got back from running several errands, noticed the leash, and picked it up to put it away.  Of course, as soon as I opened the door there was Charlie, who was desperate anyway after having been abandoned at home for 2 whole hours.  When he saw the leash in my hand he immediately knew I was going to walk him again, so he went completely crazy.  The message that I just put the leash away in the closet was not received as clearly as the message about us walking again.

While I was out I happened to buy three Cadbury Eggs (local grocery store always has them "buy two, get one free" this time of year).  I tried to find some that did not have goo leaking out of the wrapping, but was unsuccessful.  I said something to the cashier about it, and he said it was the elevation here that causes them to leak.  I had never thought of that.  Oh well.  Makes sense.  Oh, and as far as the eggs themselves, don't worry - I'm buying them for ... umm, ... For a science experiment!  Yeah, that's it, a science experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment