Saturday, February 4, 2017

Not All Time Is My Own

Friday illustrated another truth about retired life - sometimes being retired means being available for things that others simply cannot do.  A friend needed someone to provide transportation to and from the hospital for some "minor" surgery.  So most of Friday was spent at the hospital.  Hopefully I can always remember to make myself available to help.

My mother also called to tell me she has Parkinson's disease.  After accompanying my father on his way down the Parkinson's trail she knows what she is in for, but is trying to keep herself on an even keel anyway.  She is a remarkable example of a good person.  She will have to make a number of decisions in a fairly short time, which is not her style, but no matter what she chooses I know she will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment