Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Slight Soffit Hope

Well, after ripping off about half the soffit on the side where I wanted to put the cabinet there is a slight improvement - the drain from the bathroom actually does not extend down into the soffit.  That is at least one thing I don't have to worry about.

I took down all the upper cabinets in the kitchen yesterday as preparation for tearing out the soffit.  It is amazing how much stuff was in some of those cabinets.  My body is telling me that I could have eased into this exercise a little more gently.

The interesting part about taking down the cabinets is that after removing the screws they still wouldn't budge - every single one was held to the wall by the paint behind it.  In general that meant I really had to pry them off the wall, but the largest one (the corner cabinet) came loose all at once and crashed down onto the counter top.  That was exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment