Thursday, February 2, 2017

Freezing Rain

It is not very common in Denver to get freezing rain, but we got some last night.  When I went out to walk Charlie I quickly realized it was very slippery.  I had my vibram-soled boots on, but before I made it two houses down the street I slipped and fell.  Ouch.  So we walked our full hour, but what Charlie noticed was that we didn't go as far as normal because I was walking on the grass or whatever next to the sidewalk the whole way.  He has 4-wheel drive, so he really does not understand the limitations under which I labor.

Being in the temple yesterday was wonderful.  There are plenty of things to remind me how human and fallible I am, but I also enjoy the opportunity to give service.  At one point I was talking with a young couple who were there, and he told me that I taught him in Primary many years ago - for three weeks before the ward was divided.  I was amazed that he would remember.

I have just had two phone calls from people needing help at odd times, and it is really wonderful to be able to say "Sure, I can do that!"  Being retired is a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment